Left Behind

{ Tuesday, July 22, 2008 }

Well, we got Reily off to camp! I have known since camp last year that she was going back this year and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's still hard. No matter how old she gets, it's hard to let her go off on her own like that (meaning without one of us who love her no matter what silly thing she does or says). It's especially difficult when you know her like we do. She is so sensitive and takes everything to heart. She wears her feelings on her sleeve and is one of the most passionate and compassionate little people I've ever known. I had to talk myself into stepping back and letting God love her more than I have the capacity to and find comfort in knowing that He is in control of her life, including any situation that she could ever be put in. In other words, even though she left us behind, God is with her and she's in the best possible care.

Carter and I are on our own while Kevin is at work this week. We have lots to do. I think he's sad that Reily will be gone, but has already pointed out that he doesn't have to share the computer or video games while she's gone. I haven't broken the chore list out yet.

If you pray, please pray for Reily to feel accepted into the group she's in so that she can focus on the task at hand, which is learning as much as possible about God's grace, glory and sovereignty and praising Him with all her heart.

For that matter, there are 63 other campers with her, I'm sure they could all use your prayers. Thanks for indulging me!

0 comments: