Silver Anniversary

{ Tuesday, July 29, 2008 }
I mentioned in an earlier post that we had a 25th wedding anniversary dinner for my sister, Tammy, and her husband, Ed, on Saturday night while the whole family was together. They have been married 25 years! I can't believe that. Time has gone by so quickly. I still remember all the preparations leading up to that day and my dress, my shoes, my flowers, my haircut, my glasses...of course, it was all about me. It was 1983 and I was 14 years old. I had some jank glasses, a terrible body wave perm and short haircut, and the dresses...I'm sure they were stylish in 1983, but not now! They were dusty pink (I think that was the real advertised name) and long and ruffly and strappy and such. My shoes were white strappy tiny heels (that I almost killed myself on). The color of the guys' suits was dusty blue. I was a little freaked because I had to walk back up the aisle with Ed's friend, who was lots older than me. I was totally embarrassed. It really was a beautiful wedding. Tammy and Ed were both soooo happy! I'm sure Ed was thinking, "Let's get this over with so we can get on to the honeymoon", but it didn't show. He seemed to be having a good time. My brother, Bryan, was 6 years old and so cute. My sister, Terri, was looking gorgeous after having spent hours on her hair and makeup, I'm sure. My Mom and Dad were so young. It was before my Mom got sick, so she was at her Mom-as-we- knew-her-best! Beautiful and full of life. All of the people we loved and cared about were there. It was a great day! They have now had 25 years worth of days, some great and some not-so-great, as do we all.

Happy 25th Anniversary, Tammy and Ed! You are an inspiration to us all. Love you guys!

0 comments: